Complete Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin (Rural) & Urban with list 2021 and Status with Online form for registration. PMAY Eligibility & subsidy scheme. Prime Minister Awas Yojana was launched in 2015 by the PM Shri Narendra Modi. The goal of ensuring housing for all by 2022 was set by the government behind the launch of this scheme. Under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, a subsidy is provided by the government on home loan interest on the purchase of a house.
There are two types of PM Awas Yojana, one is Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Urban (PMAY-U). It is for the people who lives in Urban Places in India. And the other one is Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin (PMAY-G). It is for the people who lives in Gramin or Rural parts of India.
Table of Contents
What is Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana? (PMAY)
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Housing for All (Urban) and Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin (PMAY-G) are two main components of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY). Its primary objective is to provide houses to all eligible families/beneficiaries with basic amenities in Rural and Urban areas by 2022. Prime Minister Awas Yojana will support construction of houses up to 30 square meter carpet area with basic civic infrastructure.
The total cost for the construction of 1 crore houses under this scheme is 1,30,075 crores. This cost will be borne by the Central Government and the State Government on 60:40 basis. The ratio is 90:10 in the case of North-Eastern States and the three Himachal States i.e. Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Eligibility
Prime Minister Narendra Modi envisioned Housing for All by 2022 when the Nation completes 75 years of its Independence. In order to achieve this objective, Central Government has launched a comprehensive scheme called Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Housing for All (Urban & Gramin).
- A beneficiary family will comprise husband, wife and unmarried children.
- The beneficiary family should not own a pucca house (an all-weather dwelling unit) either in his/her name or in the name of any member of his/her family in any part of India.
- Eligible beneficiaries under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin (PMAYG) will include all the houseless and households living in zero, one or two room houses with kutcha wall and kutcha roof.
- This scheme is especially is made for economically weaker section. EWS households are defined as households having an annual income up to Rs. 3,00,000 (Rupees Three Lakhs).
- Respective States can determine the area of EWS as per their local needs with information to Ministry.
- PM Awas Yojana mission with all its components has become effective from the date 17/06/2015 and will be implemented up to 31/03/2022.
- The houses under the mission should be designed and constructed to meet the requirements of structural safety against earthquake, flood, cyclone, landslides etc.
- The construction of the house should be completed within 36 months of the first installation.
- Under this scheme, the card holders of Kisan Credit Card will also be beneficiaries whose limit should be ₹ 50000 or more.
Read other Sarkari Yojna – PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojna Status and List 2021
Types of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin (PMAY-G).
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Urban (PMAY-U).
PM Awas Yojana Gramin Online Registration
- Interested and eligible persons who want to apply under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Urban 2021, first of all visit the official website.
- On the home page of the official website, you will see an option “citizen assessment”. Click it.
- After clicking on “citizen assessment” option, you will see two more options Slum Dwellers and Benefits Under 3 Components option under it.
- Please check properly under which category you will be eligible to apply this scheme. (Each category details are provided in below section)
- According to your eligibility, after selecting the Slum Dwellers or Benefits under 3 components option, a new window will open, in which you have to fill the requested information.
- You will be asked to fill in the Aadhar card details and accept the consent to share Aadhar card details.
- Fill all the online information sought in the online application form correctly.
- After filling all the mandatory details click on submit.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin (PMAY-G)
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin(PMAY-G), aims to provide a pucca house with basic amenities to all houseless households and households living in kutcha and dilapidated house in rural areas by 2022. To achieve the objective of “Housing for All” the target number of houses to be constructed by the year 2021-22, is 2.95 Crore.
The some of the features of Pradhan Mantri (Prime Minister) Awas Yojana Gramin
- To provide assistance for construction of 1.00 crore houses in rural areas over the period of 3 years.
- The minimum unit (house) size enhanced from 20 sq.m (under PMAY) to 25 sq.m including a dedicated area for hygienic cooking.
- If the beneficiary so chooses, he/she will be facilitated to avail loan of up to Rs.70,000/- from Financial Institutions.
- All payments to the beneficiary to be made electronically to their Bank/Post office accounts that are linked to Adhaar with consent.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Urban (PMAY-U)
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Housing for All (Urban) Mission for urban area will be implemented during 2015-2022 and this scheme will provide central assistance to implementing agencies through States and UTs for providing houses to all eligible families/ beneficiaries by 2022. It covers the entire urban area consisting of Statutory Towns, Notified Planning Areas, Development Authorities, Special Area Development Authorities, Industrial Development Authorities or any such authority under State legislation which is entrusted with the functions of urban planning & regulations.
PM Awas Yojana Urban (PMAY-U) seeks to address the housing requirement of urban poor including slum dwellers through following programme verticals:
- Promotion of Affordable Housing for weaker section.
- Subsidy for beneficiary-led individual house construction /enhancement.
- Affordable Housing in Partnership with Public & Private sectors.
- Slum rehabilitation of Slum Dwellers.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Urban List (PMAYU)
Prime Minister Awas Yojana Urban (PMAYU) is categorised keeping in mind the needs of individuals based on the geographical conditions, topography, economic conditions, availability of land, infrastructure etc. The scheme has hence been divided into four verticals.
In-situ Slum Redevelopment using land as Resource (ISSR) – PMAYU
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Urban ISSR is for providing houses to eligible slum dwellers.
- Slums, whether on Central Government land/State Government land/ULB land, Private Land, should be taken up for “in-situ” redevelopment for providing houses to all eligible slum dwellers.
- Central Assistance of Rs. 1 lakh per house is admissible for all houses built for eligible slum dwellers under the component of ISSR.
Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme (CLSS) – PMAYU
- Credit linked subsidy will be provided on home loans taken by eligible urban poor (EWS/LIG) for acquisition, construction of house.
- Beneficiaries of Economically Weaker section (EWS) and Low Income Group (LIG) seeking housing loans from Banks, Housing Finance Companies and other such institutions would be eligible for an interest subsidy of 6.5%, 4% and 3% on loan amount upto Rs. 6 Lakh, Rs. 9 Lakh and Rs. 12 Lakh respectively.
Affordable Housing in Partnership (AHP) – PMAYU
- Affordable Housing in Partnership (AHP)provides Central Assistance of Rs. 1.5 Lakh per Economically weaker section (EWS) house is funded by the Government of India.
- An affordable housing project can be a mix of houses for different categories but it will be eligible for central assistance, if at least 35% of the houses in the project are for EWS category.
- Respective State and cities also extend other concessions such as their State share, land at affordable cost, stamp duty exemption etc.
Beneficiary-led Individual House Construction (BLC-N) – PMAYU
- This category provides assistance to individual eligible families belonging to EWS categories to either construct new houses or enhance existing houses on their own to cover the beneficiaries.
- Central Assistance upto Rs. 1.5 lakh per EWS house is provided to eligible families.
- Beneficiaries in slums which are not being redeveloped can be covered under this component if beneficiaries have a Kutcha or Semi-Pucca house.
Prime Minister Awas Yojana House Details And Design
House Design for Meghalaya – Raised bamboo houses with bamboo ikra walling for Khasi, Bhoi and Jaintia villages.
House Design for Uttar Pradesh – Recommended design for high seismic risk and wind hazard areas in UP with innovated ferro-cement channels to achieve flats labs.
Chhattisgarh – Design for areas along the foothills of Maikal-Satpura, mountain range with subtropical climate.
Himachal Pradesh – Recommended house design for Lahaul-Spiti and Kinnaur Districts.
Jharkhand – General house type for Jharkhand with adobe walls, RCC roof and bamboo roof for varandah.
Manipur – L-Shape house with verandah as in traditional naga tribal houses having timber flooring with raised floor.
Odhisha – House Design with flat roof RCC frame with stair cases for vertical expansion suitable for regions close to urban areas.
Chhattisgarh – House Design with terracotta roof and reinforced mud plaster.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Home Loan Subsidy
The eligible beneficiary who want to construct his/her house as per his/her aspirations and future requirements should be facilitated to avail institutional finance of up to Rs.70,000.
Loan is provided for a maximum period of 30 years under the Prime Minister Awas Yojana. If the beneficiary attains 65 years of age before the completion of the tenure of 30 years, then he/she will have to pay the loan first before his/her age of 65 years. If a person wants to pay the loan even before this period, then he can do so.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana 2021 List – PMAY New List
The list of the implementation of this scheme is issued by the Union Ministry of Rural Development. The new list was issued in December 2020 by Union Ministry of Rural Development.
All the families who have come in this list have been given housing approval. As soon as permission is given by the Government of India, the work of construction of houses of eligible families can be started. By Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana 2021, the central government is providing financial assistance to the economically weaker sections of people to build their own pucca house and the government is also helping them financially to make the old house pucca.
PM Awas Yojana List – How to check
- Visit the official website of Prime Minister Awas Yojana Gramin at Click Here.
- Check the “Stakeholders” option will appear on the home page of the official website, and click “IAY/ PMAY-G”.
- When you click on the option a new window will open and if you want to check PMAYG list online with registration number then provide registration number and click on submit button.
- If you do not have the registration number, click on the “Advance Search” option. Now provide all the required details and click on submit button.
Download Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Application Form Online
PMAY Scheme Helpline number and Contact details
We have provided you most of the important information related to Prime Minister Gramin Awas Yojana 2021 in this article. If you are still facing any problem then you can call the helpline number or email. Helpline number and email id are as follows:
- Helpline Number: 1800116446
- Email ID: email@example.com
You can also use Contact Us option provided on the Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana website by Clicking Here.